• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe flash 11 installs but not integrated into ie8

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an XP/32 SP3 system using IE8.  I use the latest Avast, and have realplayer 16.  I temporarily disabled all add-ons today, and subsequently I have been unable to re-enable as the entry has disappeared from the list of add-ons.  I have uninstalled and re-installed IE8, ditto with Adobe Flash using the Adobe Flash removal tool, and then re-installed the latest IE version.  I have used the Flash test option and the screen is just greyed out.  So clearly although there are no error diagnostics during the install, the add-on is not being integrated into IE8.  Hence URLs that require flash show an error.

All M$ updates uptodate.

What could I try?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 01, 2013 Jun 01, 2013

I have actually been able to resolve this problem....eventually.

I used the adobe Flash remover program, rebooted, deleted the windows\system32\macromed/flash folders.  Reset IE8, but this time also removing all personal settings as well.

Re-installed Flash and hey-presto shockwave appears as an add-on..

Thank you for your help and interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Shockwave Flash Object does not appear in All Add-ons?

What files do you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2013 Jun 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash directory.JPG

Thanks for your reply - I did delete the flash/macromed directories as suggested by Adobe prior to the last re-insatll.  Here is a screen grab of the flash directory as now.

Shockwave is not appearing as an add-on in IE8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything that is required is there, so I do not understand why the add-on does not appear in IE8.

On Monday I will have access to a machine that still has IE8; I will then check a few things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have actually been able to resolve this problem....eventually.

I used the adobe Flash remover program, rebooted, deleted the windows\system32\macromed/flash folders.  Reset IE8, but this time also removing all personal settings as well.

Re-installed Flash and hey-presto shockwave appears as an add-on..

Thank you for your help and interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines