Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enabling in-context editing on a website created using Muse

New Here ,
May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks

I created and manage a website using Adobe Muse (http://www.cancerdxpathology.org.au/). I don't know any html or CSS scripting stuff. Is it possible to enable in-context editing on my website? if so how do I do it?

Chris

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 01, 2013 Jun 01, 2013

Adding ICE to a muse site without HTML knowledge will be hard.  First off-- once you add/edit your pages on BC to add ICE you can no longer go back to Muse to make future edits.  I don't think Muse downloads a project, it just publishes whatever local changes you have to BC.  I don't know if you can just edit the HTML code in Muse or not.  I don't use Muse at all.

But, to add ICE to your site you'll need to edit the HTML markup of the elements you want editable or to make repeating sections.  It

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jun 01, 2013 Jun 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding ICE to a muse site without HTML knowledge will be hard.  First off-- once you add/edit your pages on BC to add ICE you can no longer go back to Muse to make future edits.  I don't think Muse downloads a project, it just publishes whatever local changes you have to BC.  I don't know if you can just edit the HTML code in Muse or not.  I don't use Muse at all.

But, to add ICE to your site you'll need to edit the HTML markup of the elements you want editable or to make repeating sections.  It involves adding extra attributes on your existing html elements.

For more information on ICE to see if you can make sense of it, see:http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3201

You can use it in the email campaign editor or in your BC web pages.  Basically, it just involves wrapping some html code around your elements you want editable.

<p>This line of editable text</p>

becomes:

<div ice:editable="html" ice:options="bold, italic">

<p>This line of editable text</p>

</div>

Without HTML or CSS knowledge this might be a tough task.  Although, if you spend a little time to learn the basics of HTML then you can probably handle this as it is really easy markup to implement ICE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2013 Jun 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks really appreciate your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines