• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Flash Player Not Working

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2013 Jun 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running on Windows Vista and use Firefox.

I had been using an older version of Adobe Flash Player, but starting getting some warning messages on youtube videos and such that my player was out of date (certain things would not operate on other sites). So, i downloaded the newest version of the flash player, and now nothing that requires it will operate on Firefox. Because it seems to fix many things I don't understand, I did a system restore to a few days ago, but the problem persists. I then told my flash player to update itself, which it did, and it still won't operate.

How do I make it work

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2013 Jun 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you see instead of the expected Flash content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Example for Youtube - I see the player with it's black screen and the play button in the middle of it. I press play, then it reads "An error occurred, please try again later. Learn More", when I click the "learn more" link, the player screen just turns completely black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen that a number of times myslef; it appears to be a problem on the Youtube site.  Usually it corrects itself after a while.  Or do you get that permanently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's been about a week, and other devices aren't having trouble with youtube at the same time.

I just checked and the player is working on internet explorer, but I like firefox as my web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2013 Jun 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Permanently. It's been over a week and still isn't working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I have no idea why this is happening.  The only suggestion I have is to try a clean install: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It still has not fixed itself. What do I need to do to fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines