• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NOOK not showing on ADE list

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2013 Jun 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a new NOOK, simple touch, with glowlight. This is my second Nook.  I have Windows 7 PC . I have Adobe Digital Editions installed, the most up to date version. Yet when I plug my NOOK into the USB port,  (and computer confirms plugged in), it is not listed on my ADE, I am not able to transfer my borrowed book from my PC to my NOOK. I have spoken with NOOK people, and Barnes and Noble, and they have walked me through many a step, with no help.  They say I need to authorize THIS nook with the Adobe, but it does not give me that option. I can see that my computer is authorized, but that is all.  Can someone please help me.  I have been dealing with this since 11 am, it is now 2 pm.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the forum for ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two possibilities worth checking;

~~~

more likely

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0; it appears that Adobe put it out with almost no product test.

One of these is that it doesn't recognize many devices that it ought to.

The solution is to replace it with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

~~~

less likely

Some devices (Sony ones in particular) need special drivers before they will be recognised by ADE;

even though they are seen as mounted devices without the special driver.

In the Sony  case, the driver is installed with the Sony Reader software, and will work even if you never run the Sony Reader software itself.

I don't know if the Nook has a similar irritation, but it is worth checking the instructions that came with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines