• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

youtube video not working in powerpoint

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2013 Jun 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i put a youtube video in a powerpoint.  Got message i needed the flashplayer.  hit websupport and it says successful installed.  When I try to view the video, I still get the same message.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2013 Jun 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening to me.  I'm working on putting together my final powerpoint presentation for a lecture series that I am starting in July.  Previously I found the fix by deleting the phrase version=3 part, but that no longer works.  I am not sure what happened.  I reinstalled flash player to no success.  I tried opening up previously working powerpoints and get the same error that I need to download the newest version of Flash player.  I'm not sure what happened since last week cause that was when I know my presentations were working.  Let me know if you figure anything out.

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2013 Jun 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.  I had already reviewed both of those strings and followed them exactly.  Something appears to have changed since last week.  The trick with deleting the two instances of version=3 used to work just fine.  Now it no longer does.  I went to even use a different computer at work and same problem as my home laptop.  Both have Powerpoint 2010 on them and the most uptodate versions of Flashplayer.  It is strange.  It shouldn't be this difficult.  Any ideas feel free to let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only remaining idea is to try the latest Flash Player 11.8 beta http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that option. Unfortunately that did not work either. I suspect

something must have changed recently. I have seen a few more posts

recently stating that same thing that I'm experiencing. That workaround

with deleting the version=3 is not working anymore. Have you tried

inserting a youtube clip into powerpoint 2010 recently? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I do not have Powerpoint 2010 available.

When you removed that 'version=3', did you make sure you don't have a superfluous ampersand left?  There must be only one ampersand separating the parameters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep only one ampersand. I wish that embeding a youtube clip wouldn't be

this difficult. I can only imagine though something between Google and

Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines