• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated book download problem in Adobe Digital Editions

Jun 02, 2013 Jun 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem:

I have downloaded a book in Adobe Digital Edition. it downloaded successfully. But after some days vendor emailed me to re-download the same book, becuase it has some invalid content. I tried to re-download the book, but it is showing old book. On the other hand i download the same book on another computer, i got new book. is it Adobe Digital Editions problem or something else?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to download the book, which will come as a .acsm file which is a pointer to the content rather than the content itself.

You then need to open the .acsm file with ADE; that will force download of a .epub file which contains the real data  (encrypted if it is a DRM book).

You may well then find that you have two copies of the book on your computer and showing up in ADE, both the old and the new.

You can delete the old one if you are sure you don't need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded .acsm file, opened it in ADE 2.0, which downloads new file but newly downloaded file is not new in real. It just downloads previous version. I have two same copies in ADE 2.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting the old one (twice) first and see if that helps.

1. Right click on book in ADE and choose 'Item Info' to see where the real .epub file is.
  2. Right click on book in ADE 'delete from library'.  (to delete from ADE)
  3. Delete the real .epub file (as identified in step 1) using file manager (Windows Explorer/Finder/...)  (to delete real file)
  4. Now open the new .acsm file again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still same problem. I deleted the both pdf files not epub. Opened new .acsm which downloads previous book(pdf format). The problem is only with pdf format ebooks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm ... ADE is obviously trying to be as unhelpful as possible.

Try copying the pdf from the other computer (the one that shows it properly)  onto the older computer, and then opening that one in ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines