• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost the assignment of Map IDs to topics in Robohelp 8

New Here ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 8. I had all my topics assigned to Map IDs.  For some unknown reason I lost the assignments. the Map IDs  show on the Edit Map IDs screen but they are not assigned to topics. Is there any way to restore the assignment of map IDs? Is there any place in RoboHelp where the assignments are kept? Is there an easy way out of this? Auto mapping is not an option. The application is so huge and the mapping was being used for years and years. Manual reassigning is an option but a very bitter one, to assign every single map id to a topic individually is going to take hours and hours, let alone how many mistakes can take place. Any help out there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is kept in both the .h file (id and number mapping) and the .ali file (id and topic mapping).

By far the easiest way of getting your CSH back is by getting the .h and .ali files from a backup. Paste them in your RoboHelp project directory (make a backup first!), remove the CPD and reopen the project.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp