• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Presenter 8 Pricing

Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, what a great product!

I had a question about pricing in Australia for educational institutions (I work at a school)

It appears AP8 is AUD$812.00 with no educational pricing options according to the adobe.com/au/ website, but a quick internet search reveals US$499.00 retail and an educational option of US$299.00 within USA or even UK.

Using the subscription model, $US19.99 for the 12 month minimum, would still work out even better.

Is there a more affordable option for Australian customers?

Alternatively, if I purchase AP8 under the educational pricing model from overseas, will it work in Australia or is it regionally locked?

Kind regards,

Andrew

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would reach out to a reseller in your area, as they should be able to provide you with better pricing than adobe.com.

http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect/strategic-partners.displayTab3.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jorma for the link, I will contact this list regarding pricing.

However, the critical issue of:

Alternatively, if I purchase AP8 under the educational pricing model from overseas, will it work in Australia or is it regionally locked?

is what I need answering as the outlay of money ($812.00, with no educational options being provided by Adobe.com) towards AP8 to a single user is quite significant to a public education insitution.

I understand that you have MVP status, and I commend you for your efforts to respond to adobe related questions, but I need an employee of Adobe to provide an answer - forgiveness if you are also an employee.

Could an adobe employee please provide an answer to my above quesiton?

Kind regards,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you purchase a US license, it will work in Australia. I have heard of people traveling from Australia to the US to purchase Adobe software (because of price differences). In the end the software is just looking for a valid serial key, no matter where it comes from.

I say this not just as a forum moderator but as a reseller of Adobe Presenter. If you cannot get the pricing you are looking for from a local reseller, you can go through Adobe.com to purchase a US EDU license, and will need to meet Adobe's qualifications for being an Education client. Not that it is unreasonably difficult, but it is harder than other software manufacturers (Apple).

You may also find that most of the Adobe staff that helps out here is technical staff, not sales staff, so I'm not sure how much you will hear from them on this matter. For the most part, the Presenter product is sold through resellers, and they are the representatives for Adobe when selling the products and will be the ones who speak to cost/licensing functionality. So you will likely be pointed back to a list of resellers to contact.

Looking at the Australian page for Presenter, there is only a phone number for contacting Adobe about purchasing (don't be surprised if they just fwd  you to a reseller, which are listed here http://www.adobe.com/au/purchase/)... 1800 614 863. You may also consider reaching out to Adobe through this contact form: http://www.adobe.com/solutions/request-consultation/elearning.html?s_osc=701a0000000lii6AAA&s_iid=70...

If someone from Adobe has any input, I do welcome it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources