• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recovering PDF that was registered with an older copy of Digital Editions.

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found two ebooks in PDF format on a backup drive and want to access them again. They gave an error message saying they need to be opened by Adobe Digital Editions. However, when I used my current version, 2.0, to try to open the files they both gave the same error and failed.

What steps do I need to take to view old ebooks that were downloaded by older versions of the product??

Many thanks in advance.

Locksley

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is not which edition of ADE you use that matters (unless you hit one the vast number of bugs in ADE2.0), but which AdobeID it is registered with.

These must be DRM .pdf files, and to read them you must register ADE with the same Adobe ID you used when you first bought the books.

If you can't recover the ID I am afraid you are probably stuck.  It is most likely to be whatever email address you used at the time.

If you can't remember the password, got to the main adobe site, try to login and use the password recovery.

To register the ID with your new version of ADE

1. remove old authorization it may have with ctrl-shift-D (cmd-shift-D on Mac) ... may not be needed but often is
  2. restart ADE
  3. authorize with the correct ID.  menu/Help/Authorize Computer (ctl-shift-U; cmd-shift-U on Mac).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines