• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Popup

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting a popup from Adobe Flash Player Settings.  It says Allow/Deny/?; but it won;t let me click on anything or get rid of it,.  How do I get rid of it?  I can't do anything when it is on the screen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of such a pop-up?  See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG Adobe.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2013 Jun 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on QVC site, playing videos of presentations.  when I click on allow, it stops the video, click again to start it, but the pop up won't go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to set it permanently using the Flash Player Settings Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is my problem. The popup comes up and when I click on it, nothing happens. It is just on the screen and I cannot interact with it at all and cannot do anything on the site that it is covering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Use the below link and and set the local storate settings

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help02.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The problem is that when it pops up, I cannot do anything. I cannot change the settings, allow, deny or ask questions. It is just there. Do I need to uninstall again and hope that if it does again I can change the settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always access settings, once you visit any flash enabled site (www.youtube.com) and right click on flash content then it will display the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

msl1br07me: what are all these empty posts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

msl1br07me: please post something meaningful, or stop posting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't posting, I was answering emails sent to me.  I did not know it posts in the forums, now I do.  I turned off the notification. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1crazywomantogo wrote:

The problem is that when it pops up, I cannot do anything.

Do you still have the problem?  Did you install the latest Flash Player version that was released on Tuesday?

I think it is time that we ask you what operating system and browser you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different poster here, similar problem...

For me, it occurs *only* when streaming to TV.   My Win7 settings tell it to "always allow", and it behaves as such when I view Hulu on my PC.  But when I stream the same video via Playon to TV (via TV's net connection, or via PS3, or via MoxiDVR), I get the pop-up allow-deny window on the TV where  I have no way to react to it. 

Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2013 Jul 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I suggested to the original poster, allow the site permanently in the Flash Player Settings Manager, and you won't get the pop ups any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2013 Jul 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't see any option for a permanent setting. 

Is there any diff between settings and permanent settings? 

Is some specific action required to make settings permanent?

Prior to posting, I have tried:

* setting allow-all globally while preserving site-specific settings

* creating a site-specific allow setting

* nuking all site-specific settings and resetting allow-all globally

* creating a new site-specific "allow" setting after nuking all previous ones

All of these work properly when playing hulu-sourced video on PC... but none of them work when streaming via Playon to TV, as I continue to get the allow-deny popup on the TV screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines