• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After downloading Adobe Flash Player 11, none of the adobe test sites recognize it.

New Here ,
May 30, 2013 May 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Websites that require Adobe Flash Player keep telling me it is not on my computer.  Revo Uninstaller Pro shows Adobe Flash Player to be installed.   I have uninstalled it using Revo Pro and reinstalled Flash Player 11 repeatedly and from more than one Adobe Flash Player download site.  When I start the download, I always get the message "An add on for this site failed to run."

After each download, I have gone to Adobe test sites which ALWAYS say that Adobe Flash Player is not installed on my computer.  I am using IE9 32-bit version to download Flash Player and surf.  I am working from/on a Dell Studio 17 laptop.  I have been through a lot of drills from several Adobe Flash Player sites and none have solved the problem.  I'm at the end of the highway.  Any ideas for solving this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat, thanks for the suggestions,  I dowloaded from both links.  Now, I can vew videos in Firefox when I login to my frontier mail website.  I cannot view videos in Windows Live Mail. I haven't tested Google Chrome yet. The only Adobe programs that appear in All Programs, from the Start Menu, are Adobe Distiller,Acrobat Pro 9, Live Cycle Designer and Reader X.  After the downloads, Adobe Flash Player does not appear on the Adobe test sites and neither does an error message.  Flash Player Active S and Flash Player Plugin appear as installed on the Revo Pro list of programs/downloads.  This all started with emails from Politico with Must-See videos in the email.  These videos still don't work in Windows Live Mail.  Do you have any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  I just tried Chrome. 
There, I logged into frontier mail and tried to play the videos in the same email I've worked with on Windows Live and FireFox.

No luck.  When I click on the video link all I get is a page with no access to a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2013 Jun 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the "test sites" that I referred to in in my original post.  I tried again with your links.  Both still come up blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2013 Jun 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still under Internet Explorer?  Did you check (from my first reply) that the Shockwave Flash Object is enabled, and ActiveX Filtering is disabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have downloaded Adobe Flash Player using IE9 64 bit this time.  On the control panel, it shows up as Adobe Flash Player - 32 bit.  In Revo 9 Pro, it shows up as Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX and the version is 11.7.700.202.  Shockwave Flash Player is enabled.  ActiveX Filtering is unchecked.  Along with these Flash Player install issues, I am the getting the following message and most websites that I open:  "An add on for this website failed to run."  That did not happen before when sites did not tell me that I did not have Adobe Flash Player.  For what it's worth ActiveX Controls are enabled for 2 Oracle add ons (isInstalled and Deployment Tool Kit).  In the add ons for Yahoo Toolbar, the Toolbar and Toolbar Helper ActiveX controls are also enabled.  I'm sorely tempted to restore a back up from an external hard drive that I perform with Aconis True Image.  What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vshaffer@frontiernet.net wrote:

"An add on for this website failed to run."

I do not know what this means or what is causing it.

If you do have a recent Acronis backup, maybe a restore to a time when everything worked is a good idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat, I have given up.  You have been more than patient in your efforts to resolve the problem.  For now, I'm going to use Mozilla in place of IE.  I used to use it exclusively several years ago and liked it.  Thanks for all your help.

Vickie

Vickie Shaffer

HC86 25F Valley Fork Road

Monterville, WV 26282-9314

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By the way, we used to have a popular restaurant nearby named Foxfire.  I have trouble with Firefox:)

Vickie Shaffer

HC86 25F Valley Fork Road

Monterville, WV 26282-9314

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines