Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4.7 interrupts while working

New Here ,
May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

First, I expect more from Flash Builder 4.7 (x64) - to work much faster instead of FB 4.6, but It seems that it's not like that.

Probably FB 4.6 and FB 4.7 works same in some way, but I like the fact that I can make a release build for iOS on my x64 Windows machine.

(which wasn't possible to make release build of big project, with FB 4.6 installed on x64 Windows)

However, my concern now is that FB 4.7 works great, but after some period of working FB 4.7 begin to interrupts. It is not freezing completly, but it interrupts on each (for example) 5 sec.

This is happening all the time when I open and close big .mxml and .as files (with big, I mean files that contains 2000 lines of code).

My scenario is... I found something wrong in UI or AS, then I need to open that "big" file, do the changes on 2-3 lines, and save it.

I also need to do that on next 20 "big" files.

I know that "Build Automatically" is causing this, but I need to know if there are some other optios where I can increase workflow for FB 4.7... maybe using more RAM or so...

I have i5 3.2 GHz processor with 16 GB of RAM... so I have open only FB 4.7 and Firefox when I work (and my memory is clean).

Thank you all for your investigation on this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If only Adobe would respond... Here is my response to a related discussion: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1166350

It appears that Flash Builder 4.7 has memory leaks.  FB 4.7 freezes when the (used) heap memory reaches the maximum heap size.

I ended up tweaking my heap values (FlashBuilder.ini) to allow the application to grow insanely large (-Xmx2048m) to allow the application to run longer before running into the same problem (before restarting FB).

Until Adobe fixes this issue, if you have the available memory, try increasing the (-Xmx) setting in your FlashBuilder.ini file.

Look here for assistance: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-builder/kb/sluggish-performance-out-memor y-errors.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines