Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

installing the newest verson of flash

Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why when I try and install the newest version of Flash 11 it times out at 47%.  Tried adjusting settings, diabling anti virus, nothing seems to work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this too!!! For me it pauses to think abou things at 47%, then gives up and tells me to close IE at 50%---whether I have IE open or not. It's so #$%^ing irritating, too, because so many hings seem to use it and I wish there as a way to either fix or not use it. Anyway I'll be watching this closely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try downloading and running the installer directly from here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's just the troubleshooting page---so no. There is no download link on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be a download link on that troubleshooting page.  Looks like this:

Progress bar hangs during download / Unable to connect to server / Unable to download metafile

Reason: The Flash Player installer sometimes has trouble working in some firewall proxy server environments.

Workaround: Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking one of the following links.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It said it'd start automatically when I closed IE---which, again, was a lie. Is there a way to just not use flash? This shit is getting me aggravated....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try running the .exe after completely closing IE so that it doesn't even prompt you to close it?  or perhaps try ending the iexplorer.exe in the task manager instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES. For the third F@#king time, yes! There is at no time an instance of IE open when it says this. Your product is broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines