Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tracking completed activities

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a buit of a newby in captivate and wanted to know how can I let my learners know what activities they have already completed.

For example...

In one of my elearning modules, there are two activities and the learner must start by choosing one of them. When he finishes the first activity, and goes back to the initial slide, I want to let him know which of the activities he has already completed (for example, by adding a "check" image next to the caption).

How can I do that?

Thanks for your help!

Garcia.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You would insert the images of the checks, then name them and hide them by clearing the "Visible in output" check box in the properties panel.

Then you would create an Advanced Action that would Show the image and transport the user to the appropriate activity. Once you did this, you would assign the advanced action to either the Click Box or the Button you are using that transports the user to the activity.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick, that was really simple and helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe have a look at this blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/template-for-reusing-script

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Lilybiri, this is great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources