• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing to Sharepoint

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2011 Aug 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to 9 from 7 and am not able to get the new publishing feature to work. I am generating a webhelp project locally and attempting to publish to the company server/Sharepoint site.  I have tried every one of the options (http, sharepoint, file system).  I verified the host name and path directory with our IT heads.

I have been getting either "connection failed"  or it will say it was successful but the files are not appearing in the sharepoint folder. Changing the "Descriptive Name" seems to affect this, but I'm not sure why.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm guessing you are referring to the new "Publish to Sharepoint" feature, right? I say that because the Publishing feature isn't new. It's been there a long while. But I believe Adobe added the feature to Publish specifically to Sharepoint in version 9.

To my knowledge the Descriptive name area shouldn't be having any effect. Likely it's a red herring.

Does the video linked below help?

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm trying to use the publish to sharepoint feature.

I've watched the video many times. I am not able to select the mapped network location using the 'browse to' folder. When I click "ok" the field just remains blank.  I've manually entered in the path but that doesnt work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm afraid I know next to nothing about SharePoint. But the "connection failed" is a hint to me that there is some kind of "permission" issue between your machine and the Sharepoint account that seems to be involved. This is based on similar errors with FTP, web servers, etc.

Is there a Sharepoint admin you could talk to about this? Meanwhile, hopefully someone will come along with more experience on this particular workflow.

Thanks

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Evergreen, Colorado
www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there ever any solution to this problem?  I'm having a similar issue...  Was it an issue with SharePoint rights?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not aware of any further solution in RH9 but there have been several enhancements to Sharepoint integration in RH10. Would an upgrade be possible? Having said that, if the issue is a permissions thing, even an upgrade won't help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I've been publishing WebHelp to SP for years using the following method:

1. In SharePoint, go to the library where you want to publish the WebHelp.

2. Open the library in explorer view.

3. Copy the URI of the library in windows explorer.

4. Go to Computer and add a network connection using the copied URI.

5. In RH, publish to file location and choose the SharePoint network connection.

I has never failed me so far. I hope this helps.

Note: Only HTML5 allows you to publish in SharePoint natives format. The 'new'  SP publish feature only pertains to HTML5. WebHelp still uses the 'old'  method.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp