• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webhelp delivered in a jar file

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am producing Webhelp in Robohelp 10 for a Java application.

My developer does not like receiving a folder full of files and has asked me to zip them all up into one .jar file which he says he will then be able to "unjar" and fit into the application.

Has anyone had any experience of doing this? Does it work? are there any gotchas? I don't want to waste time if this will not work.

Thanks,

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somebody else was asking about this sort of thing this year too – it’s nothing that RH will do for you – search the forums. I suspect that they’re looking for some sort of Java help rather than WebHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Yes, they are looking for Javahelp. But Javahelp is ugly, outdated and a pain in the backside to produce (at least I have found it so). I want to move to Webhelp. Better user experience, cross platform and OS etc.

I am not looking for Robohelp to do this for me, rather something like Cygwin to jar up all the Webhelp files? What I want to know is can you unjar those files in the app and end up with the original Webhelp?

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I performed a Google search and found the link below:

Click here to view

The information at the link seems to suggest that all the files inside the jar must be in a single folder. So that would likely be your first hurdle, to ensure that all your RoboHelp files are in a single folder. On your developer's side, it would seem to suggest that it will only work if s/he is planning on extracting a single HTML page at a time. I say this because if you are planning on presenting the full WebHelp frameset, complete with TOC/Index.Search, those functions rely upon files stored in some sub folders. So if the jar format disallows subfolders, it would appear this wouldn't work.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp