Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

i want to submit the entire pdf not the xml data of the pdf.

Level 7

Hi,

I have designed an application form with some fields asking details of the customer.

I have provided a submit button on the pdf. When the user clicks on submit button after filling all required details in the form. The submit button calls a servlet class and reads the data of the pdf from xmls parsing and put into the database table.

But I want to implement a senario where if user clicks on the submit button. The entire pdf along with data into it get saved on the file server or documentum server. Here i do not want to read the fields of the form. I want to get and save the entire form/pdf.

Please let me know how do i do it.

regards

Sunil

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Make sure you use a regular button, and set the property to "Submit". Then you'll see a tab to set the submission type.

Don't use the built-in submit button.

Jasmin

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

Change the "Submit As" property of the submit button to PDF.

Jasmin

Level 2

OK ........... I've looked everywhere (well, apparently not) and I can't find the

SUBMIT AS property of the button.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Make sure you use a regular button, and set the property to "Submit". Then you'll see a tab to set the submission type.

Don't use the built-in submit button.

Jasmin

Level 2

Got it. Thanks.

One of the best forums for assistance around.

John Rojowski

DFAS/IND DJMS-AC SIT

Phone: 317-510-7470

"Simplify."

Level 7

thank you Jasmin,

one of the top forum to find solution  ............i would say

Regards

Sunil

Level 7

Saving Form Data as XML or XML Data Package (XDP)

To save your form data in XML format, invoke the doc object’s saveAs method using the conversion ID for XML, as shown in the code below:

this.saveAs("myDoc.xml", "com.adobe.acrobat.xml-1-00");

To take advantage of XFA functionality, you may save your forms in the XML Data Package format (XDP). This simply requires the usage of the conversion ID for XDP, as shown in the code below:

this.saveAs("myDoc.xml", "com.adobe.acrobat.xdp");

if wnt to submit the form back to server then make submit button as xml  on the form while designing it.

Regards

Sunil

Former Community Member

The easiest way to have the submit button to return a PDF form data via email is to:

1. Click on your button
  2. Click on XML Source tab (To view: Click on the View menu and select XML Source tab) It should take you to the button code and highlight it.
  3. Scroll down a few lines and find "xml"
  4. Change "xml" to "pdf"
  5. When you change back to the design view, it will give you an alert, click OK.