• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IIS7.5 and ColdFusion10(Developer)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2012 Jul 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed ColdFusion10 Developer on my Win7 desktop with IIS7.5 but when I go to localhost/xxx.cfm a popup dialogue box opens >> Opening .cfm file...You have chosen to open index.cfm which is a cfm file from http://localhost...What should Firefox do with this file? (Open with-browse/FlashGot/Save File)<<<

Why is IIS7.5 not serving .cfm in localhost normally? Grateful for help to fix this (see my post on StackOverflow on this:http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11467168/coldfusion10-developer-and-windows7-iis7-5 )

EDIT   I am grateful for help with this please (it is driving me nuts..)! I have no handler mappings for .cfm-how do I manually add these to my IIS7.5 for my ColdFusion10 developer install? I need to find the directory to map to the correct .dll file for .cfm etc? Am I correct?-I cannot find any info on Google about this for CF10 developer edn (there are several links to CF7/8 which have given me a general idea but I need a specific fix....)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 14, 2012 Jul 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do HTM HTML web pages work ok? Run CF10 web server configuration tool. Is IIS configured? HTH, Carl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

Sure html pages work fine. I have run CF10 web config tool but no help.

Is IIS configured?-well that is the crucial question...as I state there are no handler mappings for .cfm

but IIS has ISAPI and CGI enabled.

Can anyone please tell me how to add cfm handler mappings manually for CF10 Dev ?

Most grateful for further help please...:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF10 web config tool should look like this eg:

Capture.JPG

A similar thread had a solution where by IIS web root \inetpub\wwwroot had something wrong with web.config file. So perhaps the permissions or syntax of that will be interesting to know.

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks -I attach screenshots of my cf10 config tool...

obviously not like your image/config tool.

cf10-config.jpg

cf10-config-2.jpg

It is a bit hard to see from the second image but I have no ability to add a webserver & the configuration directory is greyed out/inactive.

Here is my web-config file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<configuration>

<system.webServer>

<handlers accessPolicy="Read, Execute, Script" />

<directoryBrowse enabled="false" />

<defaultDocument>

<files>

<clear />

<add value="Default.asp" />

</files>

</defaultDocument>

<httpErrors>

<clear />

</httpErrors>

<staticContent>

<mimeMap fileExtension=".cfm" mimeType="application/x-coldfusion" />

</staticContent>

</system.webServer>

</configuration>

What this means I do not know-is it right or wrong & how to fix if wrong!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK then perhaps there is some kind of 32 64 bit thing going on. What happens if you tick configure 32 bit webserver, can you press OK after that?

I do not suspect a problem with your web.config file (tho I been known to be wrong sometimes).

HTH again, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I forgot to say that nothing changes if I check 32 bit webserver box either!

I still cannot add a webserver and the configuration directory box remains greyed out/inactive.

All this is very frustrating. I have posted for help with this on IIS forums but no successful help yet...

On Saturday I tested this on my mothers computer (Win7 desktop-& same Advent model as mine) & ColdFusion worked fine with IIS.

(The first time IIS was enabled on her computer-she very rarely uses her computer...).

I have installed lots of software on my Win7 desktop and possibly have some conflicting Windows versions causing issues (eg my network diagnostics policy service will not start and I cannot fix this. I am tempted to remove all Win programs and start from scratch but am very daunted at the prospect of this!).

I still do not have .cfm enabled/present in handler mappings-does anyone know how I can manually add this?

I remain grateful for further advice on how I can fix ColdFusion in IIS.

I look forward to more helpful replies-thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Win7 and CF10 both 64 bit or do you have a mix of Win7 64 bit and CF10 32 bit? Cheers, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Win7 & CF10 are both 64 bit versions. However I have set default app pool to true to enable 32 bit apps.

Is this right?

This is very strange and very frustrating why it refuses to work on my computer!

I attach another screenshot from running wsconfig tool:

cf10-config-4.jpg

I still do not have IIS def website handler mappings for .cfm but I do have .cfm in IIS def website Mime types (entry type is local-not inherited as other entries).

I have followed these instructions from http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/10.0/Installing/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cdec18a15-7ffb.htm...

but with no success!

Configure IIS for ColdFusion in Windows

Note:  If you are configuring IIS 7 or IIS 7.5, before you proceed, ensure that you have the options ISAPI Extensions (Internet Information Service > Web Management Tools > World Wide Web Services > Application Development Features), ASP.NET , and CGI selected in the Windows Features dialog box (Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off).

1. Start the Web Server Configuration Tool by selecting Start > Programs > Adobe > ColdFusion 10 > Web Server Configuration Tool.
  2. Click Add.
  3. In the Server pop-up menu, enter the host name and the cluster name to configure.

Note:  The server or cluster does not have to reside on the web server computer.

In the Web Server Properties area, select IIS and specify the website. For IIS, you typically specify All.

Verify your IIS configuration

1. Verify that the following folder was created: cf_root/config/wsconfig/number.
  2. To set the connectionpooltimeout and reuseconnectioncount click on Advanced Setting tab. The option to enable buffering  and verbose debugging is available on the same page.

Configuring IIS:

• Creates a folder 1 in cfroot\config\wsconfig, that contains all connector-related files. 
  • Creates a virtual directory Jakarta in cfroot\config\wsconfig (in IIS). 
  • Adds an entry, tomcat, under the ISAPI FILTERS. This points to cfroot\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll.
  • Adds an entry, tomcat, to  cfroot\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll with permission allowed under ISAPI and CGI Restrictions. It is applicable for global sites in IIS manager.
  • Adds the following isapi handlers: cfcHandler, cfmHandler, cfmlHandler, cfrHandler, and cfswfHandler.
  • For debugging issues, set the log level to debug, in the isapi_redirect.properties file present in the cfroot\config\wsconfig\1\ directory.
  • To disable webserver buffer,  change the is_buffer_enable to false in the cfroot\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.properties file. Disable webserver buffer if you want cfflush to work over an IIS connector. If your application does not use cfflush, set it to true for increase in the performance.

What is the wrong with my IIS/ColdFusion install?! How can I fix it?!.........help........:-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still unable to configure  ColdFusion in IIS on my Win7 machine.

I tried reinistalling several times and as administrator. The same problems I have detailed in my posts here remain.

I want to enable cf in IIS on my computer. Can anyone please help me do this?

I look forward to helpful replies-many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I thought I might make some progress with this when I found more info on configuring CF & IIS manually at this link:

http://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion10-iis-manual-connector-configuration.html

After quite sometime following these instructions to configure this setup (& I finally found how to add cf handlers also with some help from this link re adding handlers:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/coldfusion/articles/iis-configuration.html), I did not succeed but went from Http 403 error to Http 404.17 error and am stuck now trying to fix that!

Interestingly (but unhelpfully) I have found if I run cf wsconfig tool along the way it still doesn't work & it then screws up my config/wsconfig/1 folder (ie this folder I manually create & it vanishes/gets deleted after running the tool! Not very helpful as I then have to recreate it & it's contents again-very time consuming!).

In regards to 404.17 error I have seen various reports of this & various methods proposed to solve/fix it (includes set app pool to Asp.Net v4 /enable Net Communication http/set app pool to 32bit but none has worked so far).

This is being seriously troublesome to get CF10 dev & my IIS to work together on my Win7 computer! I continue to try to fix it & live in hope that one day I will succeed & then I can start to learn & use ColdFusion...

Meantime any more help is gratefully appreciated, many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates?  I'm running into the same problem trying to load CF10 to a Win2008 R2 machine.  This is a total fresh CF10 install on a fresh Win/IIS7 install.  Immediately after CF10 is installed I click to run CFAdmin and get this:

CF10-500Error.PNG

I have tried many things: re-installing CF, messing with 32/64 bit versions, etc, wsconfig tool, etc.  No matter what I try I always end up back at 500 error.  WTF is going on.  Been working with CF since 4.5 and never had this kind of issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ sdsinc_pmascari

I'm sorry to hear of your problem with CF10 & IIS, but I do not know what is causing your error or how to fix it.

We both have problems that need fixing!

I too have spent loads of time trying to get it to work on my computer.

All very frustrating and we both still need good help to fix these problems.

Can anyone here help get these problems fixed please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2013 Jan 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello sdsinc_pmascari,

Did you ever resolve this? We are in this boat now, and this thread seems to not lead to any resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 10, 2013 Jan 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We haven't resolved it yet, but I tried running wsconfig through the command line and found that java could not create a file in the executeappcommand folder in the temp space of the current user even though that user was administrator.  It gives an access is denied message.  We believe McAfee intruision detection may be blocking this action.  We are trying to gain access to turn off the McAfee intruision detection and then see if it works.

Always be sure to run wsconfig as an administrator and use the "Run As Administrator" option.  If that doesn't work it might be your virus protection/intrusion detection software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I would like to share some of my experience installing CF10 in my laptop ( Win 7 Ultimate (64-bit) , 4GB RAM ) , IIS Ver 7.5.

I have some hard time.. install, uninstall few times.. hours of browsing looking for solution .. trial n error.

It took me about a week to finally configure it correctly.

IF not mistaken ( IF, i need to stress on this word ), I finally manage to get the configuation done correctly by following the instruction from Adobe website.

Try this link : http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/10.0/Installing/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cdec18a15-7ffb.htm...

Oh, I also actually re-format my laptop once before able to get it right.

==========================================================

After days of frustration, finally I manage to get the browser ( IE ) to open .cfm file from my localhost,

with address http://localhost/foldername/file.cfm

Now, another issue arise. I found out that, the it took quite a while to load the .cfm page.

I might say, my laptop required 30 secs - 1 min to load the .cfm page, even just to display simple page with word 'Test' on the .cfm page.

I still wondering what is the main issue here. I suspect , could be the IIS 7.5 setting.

Anyone who has similar issue (slow loading of .cfm page), I love to hear your opinion / suggestion to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

guys,

is there any feedback / recommendation on this issue ?

slow loading on IIS 7.5 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I just now saw your question.

What we discovered is when using the Web Config tool never choose "All" for the web sites.  Don't know what the issue is but it screws everything up and does not configure anything correctly.  We wiped out everything and started over and then when using the web config tool to connect CF to IIS we went site by site and connected each one individually.  Worked like a charm after that.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

richard350 wrote:

I have no ability to add a webserver & the configuration directory is greyed out/inactive.

[...]

<defaultDocument><files><clear /><add value="Default.asp" /></files></defaultDocument>

Hi richard350,

Regarding inability to add configuration, please ensure all of these IIS features are enabled:

- ASP.NET

- CGI

- ISAPI Extensions

- ISAPI Filters

Regarding that web.config file, it will esssentially clear the Default Document list (this list will be created when the configuration is added) and only permit Default.asp as a Default Document.  Just disable the web.config file by renaming it to "web.config_old".  Then restart IIS.

Regardless of clean CF/Windows install, if the site itself existed within a CF9 install then there can be an issue w/ the web.config file in the site's root.  Going forward, this issue has been fixed.  And CF10 CF sites will run w/o issue in CF11.  Additionally, CF10 and CF11 will even run side-by-side successfully with the same IIS7+ sites defined in each.

Thanks,

-Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi itisdesign

Thanks for your reply.

I have all items configured in IIS

My current web-cofig:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<configuration>

<system.webServer>

<defaultDocument>

<files>

<clear />

<add value="index.php" />

<add value="Default.htm" />

<add value="Default.asp" />

<add value="Default.cfm" />

<add value="index.htm" />

<add value="index.html" />

<add value="iisstart.htm" />

<add value="default.aspx" />

</files>

</defaultDocument>

<handlers>

<clear />

<add name="php-5.3.6" path="*.php" verb="GET,HEAD,POST" modules="FastCgiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\php-cgi.exe" resourceType="Either" requireAccess="Script" />

<add name="hbmxmlHandler" path="*.hbmxml" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="bitness64" />

<add name="cfswfHandler" path="*.cfswf" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="bitness64" />

<add name="cfrHandler" path="*.cfr" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="bitness64" />

<add name="cfmlHandler" path="*.cfml" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="bitness64" />

<add name="cfmHandler" path="*.cfm" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="bitness64" />

<add name="cfcHandler" path="*.cfc" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="bitness64" />

<add name="rules-Integrated" path="*.rules" verb="*" type="System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpHandler, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" preCondition="integratedMode" />

<add name="rules-ISAPI-2.0" path="*.rules" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness32" />

<add name="rules-64-ISAPI-2.0" path="*.rules" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness64" />

<add name="xoml-Integrated" path="*.xoml" verb="*" type="System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpHandler, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" preCondition="integratedMode" />

<add name="xoml-ISAPI-2.0" path="*.xoml" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness32" />

<add name="xoml-64-ISAPI-2.0" path="*.xoml" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness64" />

<add name="svc-ISAPI-2.0-64" path="*.svc" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="%SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness64" />

<add name="svc-ISAPI-2.0" path="*.svc" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="%SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness32" />

<add name="svc-Integrated" path="*.svc" verb="*" type="System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpHandler, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" preCondition="integratedMode" />

<add name="WebDAV" path="*" verb="PROPFIND,PROPPATCH,MKCOL,PUT,COPY,DELETE,MOVE,LOCK,UNLOCK" modules="WebDAVModule" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="None" />

<add name="ASPClassic" path="*.asp" verb="GET,HEAD,POST" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="%windir%\system32\inetsrv\asp.dll" resourceType="File" />

<add name="SecurityCertificate" path="*.cer" verb="GET,HEAD,POST" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="%windir%\system32\inetsrv\asp.dll" resourceType="File" />

<add name="ISAPI-dll" path="*.dll" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" resourceType="File" requireAccess="Execute" allowPathInfo="true" />

<add name="TraceHandler-Integrated" path="trace.axd" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" type="System.Web.Handlers.TraceHandler" preCondition="integratedMode" />

<add name="WebAdminHandler-Integrated" path="WebAdmin.axd" verb="GET,DEBUG" type="System.Web.Handlers.WebAdminHandler" preCondition="integratedMode" />

<add name="AssemblyResourceLoader-Integrated" path="WebResource.axd" verb="GET,DEBUG" type="System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader" preCondition="integratedMode" />

<add name="PageHandlerFactory-Integrated" path="*.aspx" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" type="System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory" preCondition="integratedMode" />

<add name="SimpleHandlerFactory-Integrated" path="*.ashx" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" type="System.Web.UI.SimpleHandlerFactory" preCondition="integratedMode" />

<add name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated" path="*.asmx" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" type="System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory, System.Web.Services, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" preCondition="integratedMode" />

<add name="HttpRemotingHandlerFactory-rem-Integrated" path="*.rem" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" type="System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpRemotingHandlerFactory, System.Runtime.Remoting, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" preCondition="integratedMode" />

<add name="HttpRemotingHandlerFactory-soap-Integrated" path="*.soap" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" type="System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpRemotingHandlerFactory, System.Runtime.Remoting, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" preCondition="integratedMode" />

<add name="AXD-ISAPI-2.0" path="*.axd" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness32" responseBufferLimit="0" />

<add name="PageHandlerFactory-ISAPI-2.0" path="*.aspx" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness32" responseBufferLimit="0" />

<add name="SimpleHandlerFactory-ISAPI-2.0" path="*.ashx" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness32" responseBufferLimit="0" />

<add name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-ISAPI-2.0" path="*.asmx" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness32" responseBufferLimit="0" />

<add name="HttpRemotingHandlerFactory-rem-ISAPI-2.0" path="*.rem" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness32" responseBufferLimit="0" />

<add name="HttpRemotingHandlerFactory-soap-ISAPI-2.0" path="*.soap" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness32" responseBufferLimit="0" />

<add name="AXD-ISAPI-2.0-64" path="*.axd" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness64" responseBufferLimit="0" />

<add name="PageHandlerFactory-ISAPI-2.0-64" path="*.aspx" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness64" responseBufferLimit="0" />

<add name="SimpleHandlerFactory-ISAPI-2.0-64" path="*.ashx" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness64" responseBufferLimit="0" />

<add name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-ISAPI-2.0-64" path="*.asmx" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness64" responseBufferLimit="0" />

<add name="HttpRemotingHandlerFactory-rem-ISAPI-2.0-64" path="*.rem" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness64" responseBufferLimit="0" />

<add name="HttpRemotingHandlerFactory-soap-ISAPI-2.0-64" path="*.soap" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness64" responseBufferLimit="0" />

<add name="CGI-exe" path="*.exe" verb="*" modules="CgiModule" resourceType="File" requireAccess="Execute" allowPathInfo="true" />

<add name="SSINC-stm" path="*.stm" verb="GET,POST" modules="ServerSideIncludeModule" resourceType="File" />

<add name="SSINC-shtm" path="*.shtm" verb="GET,POST" modules="ServerSideIncludeModule" resourceType="File" />

<add name="SSINC-shtml" path="*.shtml" verb="GET,POST" modules="ServerSideIncludeModule" resourceType="File" />

<add name="TRACEVerbHandler" path="*" verb="TRACE" modules="ProtocolSupportModule" requireAccess="None" />

<add name="OPTIONSVerbHandler" path="*" verb="OPTIONS" modules="ProtocolSupportModule" requireAccess="None" />

<add name="StaticFile" path="*" verb="*" modules="StaticFileModule,DefaultDocumentModule,DirectoryListingModule" resourceType="Either" requireAccess="Read" />

</handlers>

</system.webServer>

</configuration>

When I disable this by renaming & then restart IIS I get :

HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.

Any more ideas to help me get CF & my IIS working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi richard350,

richard350 wrote:

ColdFusion10 Developer on my Win7 desktop with IIS7.5 [...] My Win7 & CF10 are both 64 bit versions.

Same here.

richard350 wrote:

I have set default app pool to true to enable 32 bit apps.

This is False on mine.

richard350 wrote:

Here is my web-config file:

I don't even have a web.config file. It isn't needed. It can remain renamed/disabled.

richard350 wrote:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/coldfusion/articles/iis-configuration.html

That article no longer applies to ColdFusion as of version 10.

richard350 wrote:

Interestingly (but unhelpfully) I have found if I run cf wsconfig tool along the way it still doesn't work & it then screws up my config/wsconfig/1 folder (ie this folder I manually create & it vanishes/gets deleted after running the tool! Not very helpful as I then have to recreate it & it's contents again-very time consuming!).

This is a known issue, and a future version of the tool _may_ provide a "Preserve connector settings" checkbox.

The first issue to resolve here is the disabled "IIS Web Site" option in wsconfig.exe (Web Server Configuration Tool).  Have you tried reinstalling IIS (basically uncheck the "Internet Information Services" checkbox and after it uninstalls then check the box again and ensure the 4 IIS features required by CF, which I listed in my previous post, are also enabled)?  I'd make a backup copy of C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config before uninstalling IIS, in case you want to restore IIS back to its current settings.

Thanks,
-Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2012 Jul 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Aaron

Yes I have on several times uninstalled IIS and reinstalled it and ensured the needed CF IIS options are enabled.

It has made no difference & IIS & CF10 do not work together for me on this computer.

I have sadly almost given up trying to fix this and use CF10 Dev with IIS as I have spent so long trying to get this fixed and I have other regular work to do which suffers because of the time I spend on this. If anyone could give further advice I will retry-thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I read somewhere that .Net Extensibility is also required (in addition to the four other Windows features that Aaron mentioned) for the Web Server Configuration Tool to run properly.  Also, if the GUI tool isn't working, have you tried the command line version of the tool?  See pages 16 & 17 of the Installing ColdFusion 10 document for command line syntax.

HTH,

-Carl V. (@cfvonner on Twitter)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If you still are having problems, i outlined the IIS configuration steps in the 2nd part of my blog post here http://thefusionator.com/index.cfm?blogID=2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much Little_Mike for posting help here.

I have not looked at CF since spending all that time trying to get it going with IIS.

I will look with interest at your post and possibly try to get it going again.

It would be good to get CF working with IIS7....

Thanks and best wishes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation