Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anonymous Logon error in CF Admin in development

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The production Cold Fusion server was completely backed up and was placed on a development server. The production sever is able to connect to the production datbases.

SQL server was installed on a the development server (a seperate server). I created a development database on the server. When I logged into the development Cold Fusion admin and try to connect to the development database, I am receiving the following message:

Connection verification failed for data source: DEV
java.sql.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Login failed
for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]
[SQLServer]Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

I have looked on the development SQL Server and everything is pointing to Windows Authentication.

Where in development SQL Server or on the development Windows Server (for SQL Server) is it pointing to ANONYMOUS LOGON?

The database server is a Windows 2008 Standard Edition.

The Cold Fusion is 9 on a Windows 2008 Standard Server.

Thanks,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Mike,

When configuring a ColdFusion SQL Server data source, if you don't specify a username and password, ColdFusion will attempt to authenticate to the database using the credentials of the account the ColdFusion service is running under.  By default, the ColdFusion service will run under the "Local System" account, which will be unable to login to a SQL Server database on a remote server.  You should configure the ColdFusion service to run under a Domain account specifically for ColdFusion, and make sure that same Domain account has been granted the correct permissions within SQL Server.  Alternatively, if your SQL Server instance has "Mixed Mode" security enabled, you can create a SQL Server account for ColdFusion to use that has access to the necessary databases, and configure your ColdFusion datasource to use that login name and password.

For more details on configuring ColdFusion to run under specific accounts, you might take a look at the approriate lockdown guide for the version of ColdFusion you are running.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation