• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 6 - Edit recording issue

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A recording displays several images when slide is played but does not have FMR icon and no edit controls in Properties. How can it be edited. The recording displays a mouseover popup  that I'd like to edit out.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching Adobe Community.

Could you please elaborate a little more on what exactly you are trying to achieve?

You can edit the Captions which are created while recording by double clicking on them. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional Info:

When recording is completed, the slide contains what appears to be a single layer (background #). When I choose "Find background in Library" it appears to be a single image. However, when I play the slide the single image appears to be an animation of sorts (not FMR [no icon]) playing back several images. I would like to edit one of the images played back. I can provide a sample of the slide if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I think what you are seeing is what I would call a small bug in the recording process. If it's what I think it is, you should notice if you use the "play this slide" type of preview, that the image changes one or more times during playback.

One way to solve it is to play it back in the browser, then screen capture the image you want. Then substitute that new image as the background for that slide.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still have this issue with CP 9

I notice it is when the screen being recorded (ie web page with hover) changes state, and the changed state appears in the last few frames of the background slide. The background library item is the screen state before the rollover. It is like there is an extra image contained within the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

The recording slide contains a background image and couple of other objects such as a highlight box, mouse, text caption and so forth. You can click the slide and then under the slide properties and uncheck Project Background and choose a different image.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a screenshot of the timeline of that slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TimelineCapture.JPG

It is a pretty simple timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot understand that you would be seeing different images with this timeline. You should see a static background, with a text caption on top of it and in the last second a moving mouse cursor will appear. The path of that mouse cursor should be visible on the stage as a blue curved line with start and end point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with what Lieve said, there is always a static background with few objects on top of it. Not sure how you are seeing different images.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks

Unfortuanately I've had it happen myself as well as witnessing it in many different classes. Sometimes during a slide-by-slide capture session, Captivate captures a background slide that begins as one image and suddenly switches to another near the end of the timeline for that slide. Almost as if the next slide was somehow spliced into the background image.

The only way I've ever discovered to fix it is by capturing the image in the browser or whatever and substituting it for the background.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, I do not understand it either. While attempting to find a resolve, I exported the background and imported it to another slide and there is no animation (just a single image). It seems that the animation is contained within the original slide layer (if that is possible). The "capture in the browser" is certainly a workaround however, it is very inconvenient when this happens in multiple slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources