Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different outputs - merged help

Feb 11, 2007 Feb 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Using RH X5, generating WebHelp.

I've merged two (3rd on its way) projects using the tips from http://www.grainge.org/ (Thx Peter, for all the info). The below is what I would like to do, not sure if its possible or not ;-)

Using different SSL's I want to decide if the merged project should be included in the output or not e.g. Output OA should have all (A,B and C) projects, Output OB should have project A and B and Output OC should have A and C.

Please let me know if you require more information.

Thx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2007 Feb 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do that provided you pointed each layout to a different target but it seems to miss the point of merged help. The idea is you generate it all once and then deliver just what is wanted. If a particular set up does not require Child 2, simply don't deliver it and the merge still works.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 12, 2007 Feb 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Sorry for missing the simple thing...am not sure how the above can be acheived?

What am doing is merging all 3 helps in one project(parent), and have a SSL which generates this 3 projects. Is there a way that we can set not to publish one of the merged child projects?

What I am doing is simply generating different outputs before merging projects, e.g. Project A and B - create output, then remove Project B and merge Project C and generate project A and C. I know kinda silly but thats the only way I was able to do it.

Ta,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this.

Generate the whole lot and then create a couple of copies of the output.

In one copy, go to mergedProjects and delete any child project. Open the startpage of the parent and you will find you have a merge but without that child.

Now go to the other copy and delete a different child. Open the startpage of the parent and you will find you have a merge but without the child deleted in this copy.

The merge occurs when the startpage is opened by the user. It presents whatever children are found. If any are not there, they will not appear in the TOC, index or search.

Experiment a bit with copies and you'll soon see how it works.

Does that clarify it?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Peter,

Yes that helps alot..now it makes sense..hehe..

Will give it a try and let you know.

Thx heaps,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp