• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

client side and server side code on the same form

Engaged ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CFINPUT text on the form and the form shows the control on the form when I use preview browser.

As long as I have CF tag which is server side code the controls do not show on the form.

I thinkg I missing something when I have both client control and server code on the same form.

I would like to know how I can show controls on the form and running CF tag for server side code.

For example, I have a user name and password text box on the form.

I need validate user information and need run stored procedure when user click on login button.

I can have 2 text boxes on the form and it works.

As soon as I have CFSTOREDPROC tag then the form does not not show the controls.

It seems the form execute server sider code, but does not execute client side of code.

Your help and information is great appreciated,

Regards,

Iccsi,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Is the form action attribute pointing to a different file or the same file? If it is different then you may not see the controls because it refers to a different file (action file). If it is the same file, then it might have a logic that prevents the form to be displayed after form submission.

Attaching the code would be helpful. So, others or myself could assist you better.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the form action attribute pointing to a different file or the same file? If it is different then you may not see the controls because it refers to a different file (action file). If it is the same file, then it might have a logic that prevents the form to be displayed after form submission.

Attaching the code would be helpful. So, others or myself could assist you better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your information and helping,

I have typo on SQL statement.

Thanks again for helping,

Regards,

Iccsi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation