• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp keeps erasing my PDF link info

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH10. I inherited a help system that uses hyperlinks to link to a PDF contained in a directory within RoboHelp. I need to add a new link, so I decided to copy the formatting of existing hyperlinks, which specify a specific page in the PDF, as follows:

../pdf/my_teamcenter.pdf#page=296

Every time I do this and save the hyperlink, it truncates the link name, and excludes the page number information, as follows:

../pdf/my_teamcenter.pdf

Why does RoboHelp keep removing this information? All of the other existing links are formatted as such and work correctly?

Thanks,

Douglas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

I think you'll find that adding the page number can't be done from the Design tab. I suspect the person who did it previously added the link to the PDF and then went into the HTML tab to add the #page=296 there. Just remember to save the topic before you leave the tab or you may find the page number is not saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that this PDF has been correctly added as a baggage file, and I have designated a destination name in the PDF to be used in the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you'll find that adding the page number can't be done from the Design tab. I suspect the person who did it previously added the link to the PDF and then went into the HTML tab to add the #page=296 there. Just remember to save the topic before you leave the tab or you may find the page number is not saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly right. Your suggested solution solved the problem.

What is the point of the design view if it doesn't encompass this type of change?

Also, tangentially related, why are these oddities and bugs not documented? I think the most frustrating thing with these Adobe technical tools, especially RH, is not learning their complexities, but the copious number of bugs, workarounds, and undocumented information. It seems to really make one an expert with these tools requires not a knowledge of the tools themselves so much as knowldge of these shortcomings, none of which can be learned through any means other than much suffering, troubleshooting and forum posts.

Thank you for helping me solve this one... and enduring my rant. This fix will save me a lot of frustration moving forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pain & Suffering – that’s what keeps us going on these forums ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp