• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashbuilder 4.7 problems - Need to overlay AIR 3.1 or use FB 4.7 serial on FB 4.6

May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several projects ive developed with FB 4.6 on winxp.

I purchased a new win8 pc since the old pc began to fail, and purchased FB 4.7 64bit for my win8 pc, I only wanted the serial which i presumed i could use to register FB 4.6, which you cant...

I now find none of my projects developed with FB 4.6 run in FB 4.7 using AIR 3.4. (Problems are mainly embedding swfs, simple playing and stopping of swfs)

So ..

Ive tried overlaying AIR 3.1 but this does not work (win8 64 bit specific?)

i cannot use the serial i purchased on FB 4.6

Does anyone have any answers or advice please? Ive got multiple projects which are now dead on my new pc, with my old pc about to die..

Ideally i want to use my FB 4.7 serial on FB 4.6

or

Roll back FB 4.7 to FB 4.6 somehow..is this possible?

Thanks all

L

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is causing me serious issues does anyone have any ideas?

Im under huge pressure and cant get any legacy projects to run in fb 4.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone from adobe please help with this??

I must say im quite dissapointed from the lack of response from adobe on flash builder 4.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean you need to overlay AIR 3.1?

Can you clarify?  Are you trying to overlay the AIR 3.1 sdk over the Flex sdk?  If so make sure you start with a fresh copy of the flex sdk, not one that has already had the AIR sdk overlayed on top of it.  Also, make sure you add the new sdk to your sdk configurations and select it from the available sdks for your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically none of my projects built in fb 4.6 now run/build in fb 4.7 since they use air 3.1.

Theres no way I can select a previous air sdk in fb 4.7....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you can select a different sdk in 4.7 you just need to add it to the available sdks (if you cant then you need to update Flash Builder).  Go to project properties, click Flex Compiler, then click on Configure Flex SDKs on the right hand side.  From here you can add your old AIR 3.1 sdk from your flash builder 4.6 sdk folder.  After adding it make sure you select "Use a specific SDK:" and select your newly added sdk from the list for your project. If you do not have your old sdk, get a clean copy of the flex sdk and overlay the AIR 3.1 sdk on top of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines