• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feedback Form

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Robohelp 10 and producing Multiscreen HTML 5 output as well as .chm.  I am not a web developer but would like to add a topic which allows users to give feedback about the help file. Does anyone have sample HTML code I can use?

I used the code from a previous forum post to add a link at the bottom of each page (see below) but would like a separate form where I can ask specific questions and encourage more feedback.

<!-- .js file code starts here-->

//alert("made it into script");

// Get just the page name

var str = location.href.toString();

//var arr = str.split("::/");

var htm_page = str;

//

var mailSubject = 'Sage Intelligence Reporting Help File Feedback - ' + htm_page;

var mailBody = '[Type your comments here] \n\n\n\nMy comments apply to this page: ' + location.href;

var mailDisplay = 'Send Feedback on this Topic';

document.write('<a href="#">Back to Top</a> | <a href="mailto:<me@mycompany.com>' + '?subject=' + escape(mailSubject) + '&body=' + escape(mailBody) + '">' + mailDisplay + '</a>');

<!-- .js file code ends here-->

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to get in touch with Willam van Weelden (wvanweelden.eu) about doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2013 Jun 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What do you want the form to do? You can create a separate topic and create a form using RoboHelp. By default the form will simply use the client’s email to send the results to you. (And may inform the user of that with a dialog before sending.)

IF you want a form that submits the results from the server (the user doesn’t have to do anything in this case), you will need a server side script to process the form and send the results.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp