• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Failure

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am nearly at the end of my rope with regards to flash player's inability to install on my computer. It was running fine for months, and then all of a sudden stopped. I have followed many, many different suggestions (uninstalling and reinstalling a number of times) and still nothing.

I am on a Toshiba laptop. It is running  Windows 7. I use Firefox, as well as Chrome. I have also tried using the IE on the system, and flash player does not work on any of these browsers.

Yes, I have downloaded the most up-to-date copy of Flash Player. Yes, I have downloaded the plug-in for firefox - it tells me it could not complete the install as it is already in use, or perhaps I do not have the appropriate permissions. I do, in fact, have the appropriate permissions, I have checked all of that. I have made sure that scripting is enabled. I am the administrator for the computer, and I have chosen 'run as administrator' on the download, which still does not complete the installation (only goes to 50%). Another program could not be using the program - it is not installed!!! Noone can tell me what I'm supposed to do here, and I'm about to throw the computer out the window.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bethdmayo,

Sorry about the problem you are having.  Instead of simply uninstalling flash player, have you tried doing a clean uninstall.  This requires you to delete the following folders:

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
  • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash (if you are using a 64-bit system)
  • %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
  • %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player

Please try the clean uninstall and then use this download link which is packaged with the latest flash for your system - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_11.7.700.202_archive.zip

Extract the zip, go into the "11_7_r700_202 folder" (not debug), and install both the flashplayer11_7r700_202_win.exe and flashplayer11_7r700_202_winax.exe.

One thing I do find strange is that Flash Player has stopped in your Chrome browser also.  This shouldn't be the case because Chrome has its own plugin packaged with the browser.  The flash player uninstaller only works with the plugin used for IE and Firefox but Chrome should be unchanged because it uses its own plugin.  First let's see if we can get your Firefox working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines