• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to authorize my computer

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2013 Jun 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the error:  Activation Server Error  E_AUTH_NOT_READY  Digital editions encountered an error on the activation server

How can I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often this is a wrong message that ADE gives when it has its authorization confused.

Try completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion but it didn't work.  Any more ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try with firewall temporarily disabled.

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0.  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

Though I haven't heard of that particular thing being an ADE2.0 bug that 1.7.2 fixed.

You can have both 2.0 and 1.7.2 installed (and even running) at the same time.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.  I went back to the old version and it is authorized again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I go through this every time I download updates from Adobe, it screws up my authorization for ADE 2.0.   You can get it to reauthorize, you just have to try alot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@MHeckathor1:  I don't know how Adobe managed to make such a mess of their inept ADEPT DRM infrastructure; and then make it even worse with the disfunctional ADE2.0.  In this case however, even deauthorizing (using the Adobe's carefully hidden method) and reauthorizing didn't seem to help the original poster, kak2147.

Have you found other ways to get the authorization clean, or have you found cases where you had to deauthorize multiple times?  The problem appears so often on this forum; it would be good to have the most robust and simple possible solution.  I guess Adobe writing a robust, simple version and bug free version of ADE would be the best, but that looks pretty unlikely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines