Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 8 Webhelp Output cannot be viewed in IE 10

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2013 Jun 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have used Robohelp 8 to create help file. The webhelp output can be perfectly seen in IE 7 OR 8. However, in IE 10,  when the start page in the webhelp folder is cliked, the TOC is opening but the topics are not getting displayed in the right pane. When we click a topic from the TOC pane, no topic gets displayed. Please suggest a solution ASAP, as we have sent the help to a client. They are are facing an issue with the help. We have to fast fix this problem to avoid an escalation. Please respond with a fix to this problem. Please note we have used Robohelp 8 and viewing the webhelp output in IE 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

It could well be that you need to upgrade RoboHelp.  This is because when new versions of RoboHelp are released, there are also typically new versions of browsers to accommodate. And likely RoboHelp 8 output has no clue what to do with IE10 because it didn't exist at the time RoboHelp 8 was created.

I'd download an eval version of RoboHelp 10 and test. If things then display just fine in IE10 you have your answer.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have come acoss issues being reported in adobe forums that webhelp output cannot be viewed in IE 10. Fixes are provided for Robohelp 10  @http://forums.adobe.com/community/robohelp/robohelp_webhelp?view=discussions where we are given a link with the fixes @.http://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/help-visible-using-win-8-ie.html but no fixes are available for robohelp 8. Please provide a similar fix for robohelp 8

Request the adobe development team to get back ASAP as we do not have the timeframe to upgrade to robohelp 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2013 Jun 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe only supports the latest version of RoboHelp. Therefore I've created a custom patch based on Adobe's changes. See http://www.wvanweelden.eu/tags/patch for a patch for RH8 and RH9.

Note:These patches are made by me. Adobe does in no way supports these patches and cannot answer questions about them.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - mighty big of you Willam!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed your patch files and the initial testing shows success in IE10.  I also verfied that the help continues to display properly in Chrome, Firefox and Safari.  Thank you for providing the patched files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tanima roy - you realize that this is just a user-to-user forum? It's not an Adobe support channel. It's also hightly unlikely that Adobe will update RH8 since RH10 is the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A workaround is to have the client using IE10 to view the doc is compatibility view, which can be found in Tools > Compatibility View. Not ideal but at least they can see the docs.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied Adobe's fix and it works in IE 10, but breaks in IE9! We have told our customers not to install IE10 for a variety of reasons not related to the online doc, but customers being customers, they go ahead anyway. So I am stuck. Is there a way to make RoboHelp 9 output work in both IE9 and IE10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go with the flow & upgrade to RH10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to for 2 weeks, but corporate purchasing wheels turn slow. Production build on Monday. No time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you open IE9 and press F12, you will get a console. Choose the console tab and open the WebHelp. Does the console show any error messages? I have tried the RH9 patch in my RH9 projects and it works on IE9 and IE10.

The patch really doesn't do anything to IE9: it only avoids a script being loaded if and only if the browser is IE10.

Which skin are you using to generate the help? Or are you using traditional (no skin)?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp