1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 251 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2013 8:55 AM by Cyford Go to original post
      • 240. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
        Frankie_989

I never write on these forums but I struggled with this issue for ages, and spent alot of time trying everything on here. I have found the answer and wanted to share with anyone else still dealing with this issue.

You need an extension/update for dreamweaver that can be found here:  http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/844/cpsid_84413.html

Good Luck!

• 241. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
          Sequoia Level 1

Thank you, Frankie.

The config/preferences solution worked for me long ago, but you helped me with something else.

I had no idea that my CS5 was neither auto-updating nor even prompting me. Every Adobe app on my system needed updating. There's a preference inside the Adobe Applications app that's set to prompt "in the menu bar" but I've never noticed it.

One of the drawbacks to Adobe being a monopoly is that they probably don't care that updating isn't working in any practical sense. Ah, Steve Jobs, I miss you already.

But thank you. I'm up to date now.

• 242. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
            TommyTwoBrains Level 1

None of this has worked for me.

1. The Configuration folder trick has been listed several times - does not work for me.
            2. Tried 'create new Admin account' trick - waste of time.
            3. Repair Permissions etc etc etc
            4. Patch is 'not applicable' - running latest DW version.

Wasted hours - days maybe. It used to work. Doesn't any more.

• 243. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
              mytaxsite.co.uk Level 6

TommyTwoBrains wrote:

None of this has worked for me.

1. The Configuration folder trick has been listed several times - does not work for me.
              2. Tried 'create new Admin account' trick - waste of time.
              3. Repair Permissions etc etc etc
              4. Patch is 'not applicable' - running latest DW version.

Wasted hours - days maybe. It used to work. Doesn't any more.

I haven't read the entire thread but having read yours, the best solution for you is to reformat the HD and start everything all over again.  I accept this may not be possible for you because you may not have suitable backup options and media disks for your other applications including relevant serial numbers.  However, You have wasted several days and still not getting anywhere so your system has clearly become very unstable, possibly infested with viruses and malwares.

Good luck.

• 244. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                TommyTwoBrains Level 1

...wasted days in total - over years of using Dreamweaver.

...wasted hours on this particular version and problem.

...regarding the health of my Mac - it's fine!

The best solution is to use different software. If this latest re-install does not work, that is what I will do.

• 245. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                  mytaxsite.co.uk Level 6

The best solution is to use different software. If this latest re-install does not work, that is what I will do.

Bye bye.  Please don't waste your time re-installing on the same machine.  Nothing has changed and nothing will change unless you re-format your HD. 

Good bye and good luck with your search for a different software.

• 246. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                    TommyTwoBrains Level 1

Strange and aggressive.

I am not the only one having problems with Dreamweaver.

Search over : Textmate with Firebug.

• 247. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                      TommyTwoBrains Level 1

It now works.

The latest update (which seemed unconnected to the issue) and/or de-activating ALL fonts: seemed to do the trick.

• 248. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                        friartuck6000

There are an awful lot of replies on this post, so if I'm repeating someone else's, please forgive me.

I noticed every three or four responses mentioned something about a permissions issue, so I took the easiest route I could think of, in two steps:

1. Delete everything labeled Dreamweaver in Application Support and Caches (both found in %usr-root%/Library)
                        2. Run the following for easy (and quick) permissions repair:
                          sudo chmod -R 0755 /Applications/Adobe\ Dreamweaver\ CS5

(If your installation is in a different directory, just substitute as necessary, but note the backslashes preceding spaces—don't forget those.)
                        • 249. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                          walkerdesigngroup

I have made it a habit not to update my system software or other updates - ever - as it constantly creates problems. However, today I had to update my iTunes to accomodate my new iPhone - and that is the only new software I installed. Dreamweaver stopped working after that.

And yes, Time Machine didn't work

Reinstalling didn't work

Copying my old CS4 folder didn't work

Only the DW CS5 update worked. Now I'm good to go. Just wanted to FYI this post by adding a little bit on the updating of iTunes goofed me all up.

• 250. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                            C_R_anson

Thank you nylonadobe, you are a legend.

• 251. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                              Reaxion_Graphics

Everyone is saying the update works but you never know, some may have problems finding it. I had this problem until minutes ago until I too did the update for CS5, go here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html#dwcs51104

If you are on Lion and are using CS5 (not 5.5) don't waste your time with permissions and preferences, this does it!

• 252. Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open
                                Cyford

I was having this issue  on windows  7,     And Deleted the C:\Users\MYPROFILES\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS5

After Deleting  it   rebuilt   keys  and links  then started working again  yay.....

Im not sure  if this helps for mac,    but where ever local  data   is stored for the user   pertaining to dreamweaver can be  deleted and rebuilt

Allen  Ford,

http://www.cyfordtechnoologies.com

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next