• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Live video stream play permission on server-side

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2008 Jul 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a live video stream application one-to-many for example, and i want to send video only to few clients, not to all. Like:

quote:

application.onConnect = function(client, canSeeVideo) {
// canSeeVideo = boolean
this.acceptConnection(client);
if (!canSeeVideo) client.receiveVideo(false);
};

// and after this, can be swich to TRUE or FALSE ?
client.receiveVideo(true);

I only want to do restriction for Video, from server-side with FMS, or if can't be possible.. how can i put for example a black screen on video ? 🙂 and after can be removed, etc...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 20, 2008 Jul 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use Client.readAccess property in Server-side scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have try Client.readAccess before but i want this for LIVE video and not recorded, because Client.readAccess is refering to recorded video file or directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

readAccess refers to virtual directory maping which works for all streams also.
for example:
if there is a live stream named: abc/mystream

then only those clients which have
clients.readAccess = "/" (default settings for all clients)
OR
client.readAccess = "abc" (your custom setting)
will be able to subscribe to that stream.. and any client with say

client.readAccess = "foo;xyz" can access streamName prefixed with foo/ & xyz/ only...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2008 Jul 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. necesary client.receiveVideo() and client.receiveAudio() server-side functions
Thank you fmslove for you trying to help me but client.readAccess property can NOT be set after client connection was accepted, and for me is useless. Any other solution(s) ? i strong recomend to Adobe FMS dev staff to implement this feature because is refering to security client-side solution from server-side. I have bad experience with users trying to modify the Flash Player (plug-in) run memory and set values for my swf without my accept, and is nothing that i can do from client-side like NetSream.receiveVideo(false) on many-to-many or one-to-many live A/V stream.

2. a necesary server-side video encoder solution better than Sorenson Spark
If in future FMS staff from Adobe will implement this necesary security feature on server-side like a copy of NetSream.receiveVideo() function from client-side, i will be happy if i see a solution to encode LIVE video stream on server-side because Sorenson Spark video encoder built-in Flash Player (plug-in) is very old and unuseful.
If this can't be possible i hope the future Flash Player version (10) will have a better video encoder built-in than Sorenson Spark !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2008 Jul 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know what is going wrong with my tries. I’ve been trying to do live stream with Flash Media Encoder 2.5, but i cant conect to the server with it. It ask’s about my Username end my Password, i put them right but doesn’t not work. Comes, there is no such user. But i’ve been putting the username from login of server and password fron the server… …Thank’s for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2008 Jul 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Media Encoder have a plugin for download that works with FMS in authentication mode (server-side actionscript code). You can download it from Flash Media Encoder download page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2008 Oct 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know if is a "small" chance for FMS3 to have NetSream.receiveVideo() feature on server-side ?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there any option to set read/write stream permissions   after accept connection?

The following code will not work!

application.onConnect = function(client) {

client.readAccess = "free-content";

int = setInterval(setPermission, 100000, client); // overwrite client read access after 100 seconds

return true;

};

function setPermission(client) {

client.readAccess = "private-content"; // this will not affect (overwrite) client permission!

clearInterval(int);

}

Is any option in SSACS to overwrite (reset) client read/write stream permissions after accept connection??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines