Exit

Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7

I already have the Creative Suite for CS5

I have recently purchased the license for and downloaded some programs with Creative Cloud

Question about the article at http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

The first paragraph states:

"The Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool helps resolve installation problems for Adobe Creative Suite 6, Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Creative Suite 5 - 5.5, Adobe Creative Suite 4, and Adobe Creative Suite 3 software."

Item 7, near the bottom states:

"Now you can proceed with your installation of the desired shipped version of the Creative Suite"

My question should be obvious:

Which is it?

Does the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool apply to Adobe Creative Cloud or to the shipped version or to all listed in the first paragraph?

This is another example of why SO MANY OF US are so frustrated by your support.

Please answer the question without a link to another article with contraditions or, for that matter, any article.

It's a simple question.

I am spending MANY hours trying to correct YOUR error, which leads to Creative Cloud install failures. And, yes, I have gone to the forums, to the community, and have replied, and continue to read support's circuituous excuses and misdirected answers.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

The Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool helps resolve installation problems for Adobe Creative Suite versions 3-6, and Creative Cloud. The tool can clean up install records for prerelease installations of Creative Suite products. The CS  Cleaner Tool does not interfere with existing installations of previous versions of Adobe Creative Suite products.

Please refer the link: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They apply to all. The Creative Suite Cleaner to updated as necessary when new products ship. Since the CC will be updated nearly continuously, the CS Cleaner will need to be udpated continuosly as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool helps resolve installation problems for Adobe Creative Suite versions 3-6, and Creative Cloud. The tool can clean up install records for prerelease installations of Creative Suite products. The CS  Cleaner Tool does not interfere with existing installations of previous versions of Adobe Creative Suite products.

Please refer the link: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines