• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 on dead computer, now on new desktop can I put on laptop too?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Photoshop CS5 last year just a few months before my computer 'died fatally' on me. The local computer store couldn't fix it so I bought a new desktop PC from them. As part of the deal they installed all my programmes from my discs and I have been using it sucessfully since.

I now have anew  laptop which I will want to use on a photography holiday. Can I load CS5 onto that too? I understand there are 2 licences but one may still be allocated to the 'dead' PC. How do I find out if that is the case and get it transferred to my new laptop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Just try to install CS5 on the new laptop.

If you get a message about activations exceeded then contact Adobe, explain the situation and get the activation count reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just try to install CS5 on the new laptop.

If you get a message about activations exceeded then contact Adobe, explain the situation and get the activation count reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it is an obvious move but I don't want to Adobe to freeze me out of my desktop programme as I use it so much. 

I have not yet found a way to contact Adobe should that need arise - the links on my Photoshop support programme don't take me anywhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John

It worked fine on first try to the new laptop.

The store obviously did the right thing for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines