• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorization

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble authorizing Adobe Digital editions (1.x and 2) on my asus laptop.

Is my device supported/

I get a message that authorization is not ready.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.

Vhall541 can you please provide the exact error message you are receiving and the device you are inquiring about?  You can find a list of supported devices at http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it ADE and the computer itself you cannot authorize, or the device?

A common solution to ADE/computer authorization problems works if ADE gets itself into a semi-authorized state.

• remove any vestigal authorization it has, using ctrl-shft-D to ADE (cmd-shift-D if on a Mac)
  • restart ADE
  • try again to authorize

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem myself with version 2.0: ADE would not allow me to authorize my computer. I received the error message: E_AUTH_NOT_READY. The fact is, my computer is already authorized. Version 2.0 did recognize my Sony eReader however.

Following advice in a different thread, I uninstalled Version 2.0 and installed Version 1.7.2. It recognized my eReader successfully. It also automatically recognized that my computer was already authorized and told me that I did not need to authorize.

I'm going to stick with Version 1.7.2 until a new version is released. The problem seems to lie with version 2.0 authorization.

I hope the next version upgrades without requiring an uninstall because when I uninstalled 2.0 before reinstalling, I lost my library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines