Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Installation vs. closing Skype

Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite closing Skype, I keep getting same error message from Adobe, telling me to close Skype.  GGGRRRRR!!!  And god forbid I try to start a chat with them or e-mail them.  Won't let me...Customer service?  I think not.  If anyone can help, I thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disable skype from autostarting when your computer starts (if it currently does that).

restart your computer and before starting skype, install flash.

after flash installs, you can re-enable skype to autostart, if that's what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you -- sorry to be dense, but how do I disable skype from autostarting?  Appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows or mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're on windows, please see this article on closing applications - http://forums.adobe.com/message/5266110#5266110

On mac you can force close applications by pressing command+option+esc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines