• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe flash player constantly crashing !!!

Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Flash Player and it continually crashes. I have unistalled and re-installed on numerous occassions yet after a very short period of time the software crashes again.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to solve this problem ?? Or is there an alternative to using Adobe ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to help you, we will need more detail - http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Have you tried a clean install which includes deleteing 4 files/folders as described here - http://forums.adobe.com/message/4041846#4041846

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried 'clean installations' on several occasions, following your directions.

It gives me Flash Player for a short period of time then the constant crashing returns. 

Could I have some sort of 'virus' that is infecting the newly loaded flash player each time ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried running security software to clean my computer, and if I have a 'virus' the software does not identify it.

I have run 'Norton' software, 'Reg cure Pro', and 'Improve speed PC'. I have downloaded whatever available updates to

these software I could find, but still none of them seem to recognize any 'virus'.

I get several messages saying 'Shockwave flash player is busy or not responding' and the option to 'continue' and see if things change

or to 'stop the plugin'. After several of these messages the flash player freezes and Task Manager shows it as 'not responding'. A crash

report is then generated and sent (Not sure to where ! My assumption is that it goes to Adobe), then I am asked to 'Reload the page'.

Once reloaded, the whole cycle starts over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have Vista Home Premium 32 bit operating system.

I have the latest version of Firefox as my browser.

I am having trouble with the latest version of Adobe Flash Player (11 plugin)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines