• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

amtlib.dll is missing from your computer

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased and downloaded the Upgrade Photoshop CS6 from Adobe. (I already own and use Photoshop CS3 & CS5)

Bridge CS6 opens and works sucessfully.

But when I go to open Photoshop CS6, I get the following error message "The programe can't start because amtlib.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the programme to fix this problem"

If I try to open a photo in CS6 from Bridge CS6 nothing happens. If I double click a photo in Bridge CS6 it opens in Windows Live Gallery!

I have seen this message in the past (but not recently) when I have tried to open Photoshop CS5 but I can eventually open it and use it sucessfully .

This all seemed to have started after having my computer fixed by a local tradesman.

Any suggestions please as I have found none on the forum.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Do as it says: Reinstall. Run the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool, then use the original installer to repair your busted instalaltion.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do as it says: Reinstall. Run the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool, then use the original installer to repair your busted instalaltion.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be an issue with the licence but I have licences for all 3 versions (CS3,CS5 & CS6 and they do appear on Adobe's records for me). I had uninstalled and reinstalled CS5 a while back.

Please can you advise, which version of Photoshop should I be uninstalling now?  All 3 appear in my programme listing (although CS6 won't launch).

BTW, I was able to download CS6 sucessfully to my laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have spent ages at my PC and think my problem was when I downloaded and ran the new software, I had the previous version open and running in the background.

I was not able to uninstall using Windows uninstall command but I have done the clean up again and re-launched the software. Seems I didn't get to the end of the previous install as this time all went well and I now have a working programme (fingers crossed)

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to Uninstall - but that was unsucessful.

I have run the Cretive Suite Cleaner Tool (twice) but this does not have the desired effect either as I can still see CS6 in my Programme List.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines