• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSH implemtation for a merged project

Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am currently looking into implementing CSH for one our web help systems.

It's a merged project i.e

Master project x

sub project 1

sub project 2

etc.

I know that for a single help project in RH 2 files are created a .h mapping file with numbers mapped to topic IDs and an alias file .ali which has topic ids mapped to topic file names. Whatever help format you create, normally one is supposed to work via the same map and alias files.

How does this work with a merged project, in particular a web help merged project please?

Do I have our developers point at sets of .h and alias fiels for each sub proiject they're wanting to point to?

Any advice or information from people from people who have already done this please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

In short, my advice: just create a merged project and always call the master project. Nothing further needed. (Make sure id’s are unique between projects.)

Peter does not agree with me: http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/calling_webhelp/using_map_ids_merged.htm

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked out Peter Grainge’s site on merged help & CSH? Willam van Weelden’s site (wvanweelden.eu) also has some advice about CSH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In short, my advice: just create a merged project and always call the master project. Nothing further needed. (Make sure id’s are unique between projects.)

Peter does not agree with me: http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/calling_webhelp/using_map_ids_merged.htm

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone.

Once we've wrestled a bit will post anything learnt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp