Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.xpj file gone - RH tries to read .cpd file

Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use RoboHelp 7 HTML. We recently had a new install of Adobe Acrobat. After the install, the .xpj files are now missing from the RH projects and RH tries to read the .cpd file instead. Has anyone had this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the project file actually gone? Or just that your file associations are messed up? If the former, you’re going to need to restore from backup; if the latter, then just fix your file associations so that .xpj files open with RH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project file is actually gone. It has been over a week and the individual overwrote her backup files, so we are trying to work with IT to see if they can obtain the backup from over 7 days ago. I was afraid your answer was going to have to be the solution. This happened with two team members. My new install of Adobe Acrobat failed, so I'm still able to use RH. I was hoping there was another way. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Installing Acrobat shouldn’t have any impact on RH’s project files – something else is going on there; if no back up can be found, you can always “reverse engineer” the project from the finished output help files – see Peter Grainge’s site for a free method or Willam van Weelden’s for a paid solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp