• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Touchscreen and win8

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know how to enable use of touchscreen to turn the pages in ADE? Is it possible? I have asus transformer book and when I try to tirn the page, it thinks I am marking the text in the document.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am almost certain this won't work.  ADE2.0 was designed well before Win8 and serious use of touch.

(At least, I'm not sure it was designed at all, but it was built then.)

Other tablets such as Android and iPad have tablet-style DRM eReader apps such as Bluefire and Aldiko,

but I haven't seen one for the Metro RT interface yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. Are there any other programs that support touch on win8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of one for sure.  Metro Reader app should do it for non-DRM ebooks.

When searching before I hadn't found any Metro/RT style apps that are the most likely to support touch.

I just found http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-gb/app/txtr-reader/1e3b5a45-302f-4e99-a4d3-9a2371c2a395 which looks as if it might help.

I haven't got touch so can't see if that works, but looks as if it might.  (Cursor keys don't do page turn as they would in a normal desktop app).

I can't get much sense out of it as I can't see how to get it to open my books.  I do use Windows 8, but normally in 100% desktop mode so I'm not used to the RT way of doing things.

If you try it, post back how it goes.

~~~

It seems very slow at page jumping.

I read that it could read books from txtr stoare and other stores ...

http://goodereader.com/blog/electronic-readers/txtr-launches-international-windows-8-app-with-adobe-...

Txtr is doing an amazing thing by allowing you to import in your own content that has Adobe DRM.

I haven't managed to get it to open any of my .epub books (DRM or otherwise).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines