• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp hangs when I try to add baggage files to projects

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two RoboHelp projects using source control (Visual Studio/Team Foundation Server) in Robohelp HTML version 8. Both service packs are installed.

When I right click the Baggage Files folder and select 'Add to baggage files' the program hangs, and I have to crash out of it. This started happening in both projects at the same time, possibly as a result of me adding image files to the baggage files folder. I've reverted to the project as it was before I made these changes, but the problem persists.

I've started a new test project, not connected to version control, and Robohelp hangs in exactly the same way when I try to

Is there anything you could recommend? I'd be extremely grateful for any ideas. I searched the forum and couldn't find any references to anything like this issue.

Would you recommend resintalling Robohelp, for instance?

Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You might try ensuring the file named RHBag.APJ is able to be edited. That's the file that keeps track of your baggage. And since you say you are using Team Foundation Server it strikes me that perhaps this particular file may still be set to read only status and that could be wreaking havoc with RoboHelp and causing the hang when you try to add to baggage.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for yor speedy reply.

It's a good thought, but I've verified that the rhbag.apj file isn't set to read only. In fact, I tried editing it after the problem started in an attempt to add baggae files manually. That didn't work (I was able to trick Robohelp but not the server...).

Do you have any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your dialog box may have fallen into the gap between screens.

Try this:

1. Right-click and Add baggage file.

2. Press Alt+Spacebar+m.

3. Press any arrow key.

4. Waggle the mouse until the screen snaps to the cursor.

5. Left-click to drop the dialog box where you want it.

HTH,

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amber,

You were right! Thanks so much, you've saved me a great deal of pain.

I'd recently changed my monitor configuration, so this must have started then. I feel a little foolish...

Best,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chalk up another one to the multi-monitor pit of confusion! Good catch @Amebr!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One of the most common reasons for "lockups" I've noticed. Also, not just a multimonitor thing. I had Word vanish off to the top  left of my monitor the other day when the "snap to maximise" functionality went haywire. :S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp