• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AVG reporting download as malicious

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our firewall is reporting the windows executable for IE as malicious.

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point the distribution page (as in the original post) only contains version 202, which is known insecure.  With the security bulletin released two days ago that's worrying.  The link you provided solves the problem for me, but I hope the distribution page will be fixed soon?

(Incidentally, it is very annoying to have to agree to a distribution agreement, and wait for it to be approved, just to get security updates.  The archive solves that problem too, I guess, but isn't made all that easy to find.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harry M Johnston wrote:

At this point the distribution page (as in the original post) only contains version 202

All four Windows installers on that distribution page are version 11.7.700.224 (digital signature timestamp May 30, 2013).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page says 11.7.700.202, but I see that the actual downloads are indeed 11.7.700.224 as you say.  It still needs to be fixed though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harry M Johnston wrote:

The page says 11.7.700.202

That's not what I see...

fpddl.PNG

Try clearing your browser cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, I still see 11.7.700.202, even when going through my personal ISP rather than my work network.  Perhaps the CDN just hasn't fully synchronized yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noted the alternative link, thanks.  (It would be nice if the main download page, or perhaps http://www.adobe.com/nz/products/players/flash-player-distribution.html included a link to it!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That download works. The above link is not prompting the IPS to respond anymore either. I guess our contractors took care of the issue. I should have been more specific when I posted earlier. Our IPS was recognizing the file as a Trojan Horse. If needed, I can go and look at the logs for more details, but it does not get flagged anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines