• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Favorites option for WebHelp

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2007 Feb 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if I can build this into a WebHelp system? If so, how? I'm using RH X5.02

Thanks,
Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 14, 2007 Feb 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Jim -

As you are aware, your web pages aren't allowed to simply write to the user's machine, unless it's a cookie, or you download a file. So, if you are willing to save those favorites in a cookie, yes, it can be done. Cookies, however, are subject to being deleted by the user intentionally, or being deleted automatically to make room for other cookies, or being deleted after three years just because...

Here is an old demo for writing user information to a cookie; it's javascript, so it can be adjusted, if you want (and can) to add the current URL, to read that list of URLs, and to display them in a drop-down menu:

http://www.copperfieldpub.com/content/cookies_winhelp_annotations.htm

Click the "Open Contents, Search and Index" button at the bottom to see the entire frameset, and to see the " Take a C-Note" link at the top, to try it out. You may have to navigate back to that page again; it's a maintenance issue... I haven't updated it in quite a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp