• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop Flash (OSX 10.6.8)

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to stop Flash from making unauthorized modifications to my system preferences (osx 10.6.8) to auto search for updates.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the below link

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4723788

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to stop Flash from updating no matter how. When I'm forced to use dial-up, it sucks up my bandwith. Plus, it resets my system preferences without my permission. That to me is a violation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During your Flash Player installation or in the Advanced tab of the Flash Player control panel, you can set your update to Never check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dandab, yes I know that. Except that everytime I set it to 'Never check for updates', after entering my administrator password to do it, it resets itself later to the middle option without my consent or intervention.

How would you like a non OS software to take control of your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much later after applying the setting does it change back?  Once you set it to Never check for updates and then you close the Flash Player Settiings Manager and reopen it, it goes back to Allow Adobe to install updates?  This should not be the case.  Are you updated with the latest version of flash player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dandab.

Installed the latest version. Made the non-update choice at install. It stays on that setting longer than before but still changes to the middle choice after a while. Not able to determine how long it takes to do it. I started writing this and it was on "no update" and I just checked now and it's back to the middle option.

@#$%?&*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines