• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp cannot type some letters in search box

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typing in some letters activate shortcuts of the main application.

I am using RH_ShowHelp to launch RoboHelp.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What flavour of help are you creating? What version of RH? Browser details? Does this happen on just your machine or everyone’s?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Webhelp. RH is in Version 9. It happens on everyone's machine.

If the main application has a shortcut "a", Typing "a" will activiate the shortcut. If you remove the shortcut, Typing "a" will work.

Thank you very much for your input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, is it happening with all browsers or just some in particular?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure which browser it uses. Mightbe the default browser.

What I see is poping up a new window for the help. It is not embeded in any regular browser like IE or Firefox.

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, sounds like a context sensitive help call – can you take a screenshot to show us what the issue is? Use the camera icon in the web interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a blank Visual Studio MFC program. I assigned a shortcut "C" for Print Preview function in following image

1.png

Then I add a menu to call robohelp function by C++ as following:

void CMainFrame::OnHelpTest()

{

// TODO: Add your command handler code here

CString strUrl = _T("www.abc.com/xxx.htm");

int iRet = RH_ShowHelp(/*AfxGetMainWnd()->m_hWnd*/this->GetSafeHwnd(), strUrl, /*nCmd*/HH_DISPLAY_TOC, NULL/*dwData*/);

}

2.png

Then I click the "Test" menu it launchs the robohelp.

3.png

If I type "C" in the search box, it will activate the Print Preview window instantly. And the "C" will not show in the search box.

Not sure this is API function call problem or the RoboHelp's project setting problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like you've got the app intercepting text in the WebHelp screen - you might want to launch the help in another way - are you interested in seeing the whole help system start up or want specific screens in the app to launch specific topics in the help? The first way can be accomplished by just launching the starting page in the default browser; the second way is called context-sensitive help (CSH) and can be launched in a bunch of ways - see info on Peter Grainge's site (grainge.org) or Willam van Weelden (wvanweelden.eu) & the CSH folder in your RH9 install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp