Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download RoboHelp X5

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2007 Feb 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been trying for the two last hours to locate the download for RoboHelp X5. I got license and I did buy it when Macromedia owned the software. The links I got for download in the confirmation e-mail are no longer valid.

I've also been trying to locate an e-mail address to get in touch with Adobe support but have not been successfully.

All help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Dennis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Feb 14, 2007 Feb 14, 2007
Hello Dennis,

I sent you a private message with the URL.

Thank you,

Bobby Walker
Adobe Technical Support

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

You will not find such a link as that version was recently upgraded to RH6.

You don't say where you are based but http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_15300 states

"If you are the registered owner of an Adobe branded or Macromedia branded product, you're eligible to purchase replacement media for that product. Replacement media for the current product version is available until 90 days after the new full version product ships. To place your order, you'll need to provide the serial number of the product for which you need a replacement."

You are within 90 days of RH6 having shipped so you should be OK provided you have your serial number.

The page also has a link to a page providing information on who to contact.

Contact them even if you don't meet all the requirements but obviously some proof of purchase will be required.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello XLDennis,

Please contact our Customer Service department. They should be able to provide you with a download URL for RoboHelp X5. If they are unable to do so, please reply back to here and I will contact you directly myself. Information on how to contact Customer Service is located here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/programs/robohelp/?tab:contact=1

Thank you,

Bobby Walker
Adobe Technical Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Thanks for Your prompt replies.

Bobby - The page You refer to seems only to be valid for customers in North America and I'm located in Sweden. Anyway, I created a case so let see what the outcome of it will be. If positive then I will close this thread and if not then I will post here again.

Peter - Thanks for the heads up. At present I just want to install X5 asap on my new computer due to an emergency project update. I wipped out the hard drive on my old computer so there is no way back...

Kind regards,
Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 14, 2007 Feb 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dennis,

I sent you a private message with the URL.

Thank you,

Bobby Walker
Adobe Technical Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2009 May 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

I have the same issue that you helped resolve for Dennis a while back.  I have been in contact with Customer Support a number of times regarding replacing my install software for Robohelp X5.  I was finally directed by customer support to look in Forums for resolution and came across this string.  Please advise if this is something you can assist with.  I have a valid serial number and have a case # already logged.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2009 May 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that unfortunately Bobby is no longer with Adobe.

The deal is that you can only get replacement media for the current and previous versions so I don't know what Bobby had in mind. Unless someone from Adobe should see this (they don't monitor all posts) it does look like you will have to consider an upgrade, your serial number will entitle you to that.

Sorry I cannot give you better news.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info Peter. It is very hard to believe that a replacement would not be available. What if a customer does not want to upgrade and is content with the version they had or if they don't want to spend additional money on an upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know what else to say. That is Adobe'e policy. Replacement media is only available for the current and previous version.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2007 Feb 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bobby,

Many thanks for a good support. Case solved :-)

All the very best from,
Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp