• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library missing, can't open any books (Mac)

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to open a book tonight and not only wouldn't it (or any other book open) but my entire library has disappeared. Following another discussion I found my manifest file, or what appears to be it on my Mac since those directions were for a PC, and it sure looks like it's been deleted and/or corrupted. My best guess is that the stupid CleanMyMac 2 app hasn't finished doing it's damage to my computer yet, so much for its great reviews. Don't believe it when it says that you haven't used files in over a year and it's OK to delete them, whatever you do. All of your settings for Firefox will disappear, for one thing. Anyway, I have all of my books saved on my hard drive and backed up, but I don't know how to fix Digital Editions so that it will let me open books now. I also had to change my password to be able to use this forum, so now I also don't know how to tell Digital Editions what my new password is, it says I'm authorized, but it doesn't seem to have any options to change your settings. I appreciate any help.

Screen Shot 2013-06-14 at 11.38.14 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2013 Jun 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clsemers, there is a way to de-authorize ADE and re-authorize ADE using a new adobe ID.

• Launch ADE.
  • Press Control+Shift+D (Windows) or Command+Shift+D (Mac)
  • You will get an option to Deauthorize or Erase Authorization(depending on your ADE version), click it and you are done.
  • Go To Help-> Authorize Computer.
  • Enter your credentials and authorize ADE.

Hope that Helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines