Exit

PC doesn't run any Adobe installers

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2013 Jun 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Newbie here.

Along with it seems everyone else, I was having Flash Player issues with Firefox. Trying to install the latest version proved futile as Firefox kept hanging and seemingly wouldn't install it, even when employing thier fix suggestions such as uninstalling the older version and starting again. .

When trying to install it directly from the Adobe site, the installer wouldn't repsond. I tried again and again, I even tried a different installer from Adobe but stil nothing. It seems my PC has developed an averison to Adobe installers.

This is a huge nuisnace as a filmmaker, meaning I can't view many of my films or those of other filmmakers, especially on sites like Vimeo & YouTube, as well as letting my nephew play his online games.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

E-Machine

Windows Vista

2Gb Memory

32Bit

2.2Ghz processor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using ff v21.0?

if so,

run the uninstaller again (http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html)

download flash player and manually install (http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I am running the latest version fo Firefiox.

As it happened I ended up having to reboot my PC to get the installers running again after I discovered it was not just limited to Adobe installers. Flash Player Is back working although some games my nephew tried seem resistatnt to loading.

However I have had trouble in the past with Adobe installers playing hardball and not running so I naturally assumed this was a flashback to those times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines