Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe forced me into installing Chrome as part of flashplayer

Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally there is a dialog box where you can specify Not to install Chrome. That didn't happen.  when I uninstalled Chrome, I lost the ability to double click URLs imbedded in email.  Google Chrome seamingly has NO support for my problem...Ideas or thoughts???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Try to use the offline installers in the future to avoid accidental installation of unwanted 3rd-party software.

I know from personal experience that Chrome is a pain; it sets itself as the default browser during the instal, but does not reset that when uninstalling.  Open your standard browser and make it your default browser; this will enable you again to click hyperlinks in emails and other documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mikebruckner,

The bundle was offered in the browser before you downloaded the installer, not during the install.  I can't take a screenshot as I do not get the offer because I already have flash installed but I found an image of what it looks like here.

As for your URL email problem, Uninstalling Chrome should have no effect with another browser.  Also, it doesn't sound like an issue with flash...unless the email client written in flash.  Which browser/operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2013 Jun 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have flash player, I was trying to get the latest version.  Usually, I get he screen you referenced and I uncheck the box. For some reason it just started downloading all three (flash google toobar and google Chrome)  I guess I could have tripple cliicked instead of just double clicking; which resulted in downloading the default.  At least Adobe has a forum to provide help. Google Chrome has very little.  I guess when you are tyring to trick people into using your product and  leaving the system a mess when the product is uninstalled, the last thing you would want o do is provide any help..  Google sucks!!! But thankes to you guys and about 3 hours of work I am back to working like my system did before Google disrupted it...

Thanks, Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to use the offline installers in the future to avoid accidental installation of unwanted 3rd-party software.

I know from personal experience that Chrome is a pain; it sets itself as the default browser during the instal, but does not reset that when uninstalling.  Open your standard browser and make it your default browser; this will enable you again to click hyperlinks in emails and other documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this out by accident.  When I went to IE Tools>Internet Options>Programs There were options for MS a coupleo f non-MS and Custom.  It was on Custom.  So I switched to MS and made IE the default.  I think Chrome's problem is it does notswitchthe system back to MS as a reult it still point to custom.  Custom still references Chrome which no longer exists:therefore the dialog box saying no program associated witjh the file type.   SO it is a CHROME ISSUE, Not Adobe.  I really appreciate your response.

Thanks, Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is and offline installer? How do I use that for Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The offline installers are available from multiple places; the link that I usually post here in the forum is http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

The offline installer for Adobe Reader can be downloaded from http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines