• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save on Close?

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2007 Feb 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you exit out of RoboHelp, shouldn't it ask you if you want to save your project, or simply do a "save all" automatically before closing? Seems like such a fundamental thing to be missing. Or am I missing the point of this as some type of "feature"?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WriterBen. It does this anyway. Part of the process of exiting the app is to perform a project save. Are you saying this hasn't happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it has happened a few times since I begain using RoboHelp. At first I didn't realize this was the cause of missing work. Until yesterday, when I had to leave rather quickly and exited RoboHelp without saving. My work since the last save I had done was gone when I opened my project again.

Is there a periodic save feature that I haven't found in the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Is there a periodic save feature that I haven't found in the software?

Yes it's called the Save All toolbar icon . You could add this as a feature request by using this link. I suspect the reason it has never been there is that so many files potentially require saving (e.g. topic, template, style sheet, baggage, etc.). That's why the toolbar and File menu has the wording as save all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi WriterBen

By chance is your project stored on a network? If so, this could likely explain why exiting the application may lose or otherwise not store changes. If this is the case, I'd move the files from the network to the local PC.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp