• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OS X 10.8.4, Safari 6.0.5. Successful Adobe Flash player installation and still not working.

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2013 Jun 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have Mac OS X 10.8.4 + Safari 6.0.5

Everything was working fine.

Suddenly 3 days back all video links on facebook and most on youtube starting showing a message:

Screen Shot 2013-06-15 at 2.38.09 PM.png

Now, I looked up forums and troubleshooting. The link on adobe website to troubleshoot issues with flash player installation, every time didnt show any version of flash player installed.

I tried the uninstallation however, and installed the lastest version of adobe available on this link:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=JZEFT

Then, just to be on safer side, I reboot my machine. When I try to play videos, I get the same message above.

I have repeated these steps atleast 7-8 times, in vain.

Please guide as to what could be the issue. Is there any issue with the latest upgrade of flash player? Because everything seems to have gone down ever since the latest version got upgraded. Any assistance is highly appreciated.

Regards,

vaid2132010

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for further confirmation that the installation went through succesfully multiple times:

Screen Shot 2013-06-15 at 2.55.24 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I have no idea about Mac OS; just one suggestion: is the Shockwave Flash plugin enabled in your browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem  i fixed it as follows.  In Safari --> Preferences I had to ensure that 'Allow all other plugins' was checked - OSX 10.8.4.  Hope that fixes your problem to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines